Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Fat Politicians and Pastors

Would you vote for an overweight politician? What about a disorganised one?

Okay, now what about spiritual leaders - is it any more acceptable for them to not be able to control their weight (not something I have trouble with), or their diaries (something I do have significant trouble with)? I'm not suggesting that Christians should be superficial, just pointing out that a failure to manage one part of my life greatly affects my effectiveness in ministry.

Maybe this is just me venting: I know how important it is for me to manage my time well, and how much effort that takes. I know too that it can be hard to manage one's health and fitness, but isn't it worth the effort. Whether it leads to increased ministry effectiveness or not, isn't there it imperative that Christians (especially Christian leaders) are wise stewards of all of God's good gifts - including their time and their bodies?

No comments: