Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Mea Culpa

Following on from Ben at Faith and Theology, and many others, I confess:
  • I have a fondness for terms that carry more meaning in their original language than in translated English.
  • I cannot understand why "change for the sake of change" is worse than "constancy for the sake of constancy".
  • I am far too impatient with people whom I consider are more black-and-white than me.
  • I prefer the synoptics to John; Luke to Matthew and Mark; and Acts to Paul.
  • that the Catholic I would most prefer to discuss theology with is not Balthasar, Kung, Rahner or even de Lubac, but Graham Greene.
  • I pity social and political progressives who promote their various issues mournfully.
  • I'm grudgingly grateful for my fundamentalist schooling.
  • I prefer Tom Waits to Bob Dylan.
  • I feel envious of people whose car, desk or handwriting is much neater than mine.
  • that caffeine is a drug, but I am not addicted.

No comments: